Work For Us
If you are a professional agent and would like to send students to The Essential English Centre, we invite you to contact Jo Wilde to discuss a possible working partnership. The school owners, Jo and Bairbre have worked extensively in education for many years and bring with them a keen understanding of how important the agent/school relationship is. Their motto is ‘quality wins’ and they genuinely care about every student who studies at their school in Manchester.
Contact Jo Wilde today to arrange a meeting!
Linkedin: Jo Wilde
Phone: 0044 (0) 161 236 2364
Why work with us?
- An exciting brand in the international EFL industry
- A reliable, quality school with an established network of agents
- High attention to detail in terms of teaching and customer service. We are a small school which allows us to offer individual attention and flexibility to our students and agents
- Situated in central Manchester, the fastest-growing UK destination for English language students
- Attractive prices (both for courses and accommodation)
- Mixed nationality classes
- A well-established suite of courses which provide a dynamic, high-quality experience for our students
- First-class customer service
- A commitment to developing a long-term and mutually beneficial working relationship
- A friendly, personalised and reliable professional service
- Competitive rates of commission, including commission on extended and return bookings
- Up-to-date marketing information as well as important news and events direct to your door and via email
Host a Student
We are currently recruiting for new host providers in the Manchester area. Please contact us on 0161 236 2364 and request more information about hosting.
– Competitive rates of pay
– Full support given
– Paid directly into your bank account each week
The Essential English Centre welcomes adult and junior English language students from all over the world and we arrange accommodation for many of our students. Some students will stay in our partner student residence, however, many students like to stay with a local host, benefiting from a full cultural and language-immersion experience.
Why students come to the UK to live and study
Many of our adult students are highly talented professionals, university graduates and undergraduates from across the globe and in order to progress in their chosen career, they are required to speak English. The length of time a student chooses to study varies; the minimum stay set by The Essential English Centre is 1 week, whilst the maximum could be up to one year. Throughout the year we also welcome junior groups ( aged 12-17) and demand for adult and junior homestay accommodation is at its highest during the summer months.
Why become a host?
Hosting an international student can broaden your own life-experience and often leads to lifelong friendships.
– A competitive, weekly financial incentive
– An opportunity to share your culture and experiences and learn from theirs
– Satisfaction knowing you are helping a motivated student to reach their life-goals
– Working with a British Council school means students will be carefully selected and placed into your home
– Full support from The Essential English Centre staff, including a visit from one of the Directors.
Our hosts are single people, lone parents, flat-sharers, small families and large families but they all have one thing in common – a commitment to providing a comfortable, safe and welcoming English-speaking environment for our students.
We welcome applications from hosts who can offer the following:
– A spare room, appropriate for sleeping and studying
– An authentic English speaking environment (English must be the main language spoken in your home)
– You live within 30 minutes maximum by public transport from our school
– A safe, comfortable and welcoming environment for our students
– Bed, breakfast and evening meal (adult students). Bed, breakfast, packed lunch and evening meal (junior students)
– Additional care and welfare support for junior students
The Essential English Centre is committed to a practice where children, young people and vulnerable adults are protected from harm and we will carefully follow our procedures of host recruitment to ensure that all members of staff and students are protected. For all hosts who welcome students who are under 18, we must receive satisfactory references and criminal record checks for every adult in the household.
To apply to be a host, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the school office on 0161 236 2364.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Teachers and Staff
Admissions and Student Services Officer
We are currently seeking a positive and pro-active Admissions and Student Services Officer to work in our school in Manchester. To view the full application, please CLICK HERE. Applications should be made online
Teachers and Academic Staff
We are always happy to hear from talented, qualified teachers. If you are located in Manchester and available for teaching work, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com, marked FAO: Director of Studies
Any offer of employment by us will be subject to satisfactory references and criminal record checks. The Essential English Centre is committed to a practice where children, young people and vulnerable adults are protected from harm and we will carefully follow our procedures of recruitment to ensure that all members of staff and students are protected.