The Essential English Centre welcomes adult and junior English language students from all over the world and we arrange accommodation for many of our students. Some students will stay in our partner student residence, however, many students like to stay with a local host, benefiting from a full cultural and language-immersion experience.
Many of our adult students are highly talented professionals, university graduates and undergraduates from across the globe and in order to progress in their chosen career, they are required to speak English. The length of time a student chooses to study varies; the minimum stay set by The Essential English Centre is 1 week, whilst the maximum could be up to one year. Throughout the year we also welcome junior groups ( aged 12-17) and demand for adult and junior homestay accommodation is at its highest during the summer months.
Hosting an international student can broaden your own life-experience and often leads to lifelong friendships.
– A competitive, weekly financial incentive
– An opportunity to share your culture and experiences and learn from theirs
– Satisfaction knowing you are helping a motivated student to reach their life-goals
– Working with a British Council school means students will be carefully selected and placed into your home
– Full support from The Essential English Centre staff, including a visit from one of the Directors.
Our hosts are single people, lone parents, flat-sharers, small families and large families but they all have one thing in common – a commitment to providing a comfortable, safe and welcoming English-speaking environment for our students.
We welcome applications from hosts who can offer the following:
– A spare room, appropriate for sleeping and studying
– An authentic English speaking environment (English must be the main language spoken in your home)
– You live within 30 minutes maximum by public transport from our school
– A safe, comfortable and welcoming environment for our students
– Bed, breakfast and evening meal (adult students). Bed, breakfast, packed lunch and evening meal (junior students)
– Additional care and welfare support for junior students
The Essential English Centre is committed to a practice where children, young people and vulnerable adults are protected from harm and we will carefully follow our procedures of host recruitment to ensure that all members of staff and students are protected. For all hosts who welcome students who are under 18, we must receive satisfactory references and criminal record checks for every adult in the household.
To apply to be a host, please email email@example.com or contact the school office on 0161 236 2364.
We look forward to hearing from you!
0044 (0) 161 236 2364
©2017 The Essential English Centre All Rights Reserved. Web Design Manchester by Urbansoul Design
Enter your email address to receive our monthly newsletter.
Please complete the form below and a member of our team will contact you shortly.