The Essential English Centre welcomes adult and junior English language students from all over the world and we arrange accommodation for many of our students. Some students will stay in our partner student residence, however, many students like to stay with a local host, benefiting from a full cultural and language-immersion experience.
Many of our adult students are highly talented professionals, university graduates and undergraduates from across the globe and in order to progress in their chosen career, they are required to speak English. The length of time a student chooses to study varies; the minimum stay set by The Essential English Centre is 1 week, whilst the maximum could be up to one year. Throughout the year we also welcome junior groups and demand for adult and junior homestay accommodation is at its highest during the summer months.
Hosting an international student can broaden your own life-experience and often leads to lifelong friendships.
– A competitive, weekly financial incentive
– An opportunity to share your culture and experiences and learn from theirs
– Satisfaction knowing you are helping a motivated student to reach their life-goals
– Working with a British Council school means students will be carefully selected and placed into your home
– Full support from The Essential English Centre staff, including a visit from one of the Directors.
Our hosts are single people, lone parents, flat-sharers, small families and large families but they all have one thing in common – a commitment to providing a comfortable, safe and welcoming English-speaking environment for our students.
We welcome applications from hosts who can offer the following:
– A spare room, appropriate for sleeping and studying
– An authentic English speaking environment (English must be the main language spoken in your home)
– You live within 30 minutes maximum by public transport from our school
– A safe, comfortable and welcoming environment for our students
– Bed, breakfast and evening meal (adult students). Bed, breakfast, packed lunch and evening meal (junior students)
– Additional care and welfare support for junior students
To apply to be a host, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Jo on 0161 236 2364.
We look forward to hearing from you!